Use the following resources to support and enhance the contest experience in your classroom.
- Living Worlds Sample Lesson: A PowerPoint lesson for introducing students to the contest.
Creatures adapt to their environment...
- Animal Feet: Match the animal feet to the environment in which they live.
- Animal Features: Learn about special animal features and how they match each creature's environment.
- Rock Pocket Mice: How does a mouse population change color to match its environment.
What are exoplanets like?
- Extreme Planet Makeover: Create your own habitable planet.
- Planet Quest: NASA's home for the search of another Earth.
- Exoplanet Travel Bureau: Plan your trip to several featured exoplanets.
- Undiscovered Worlds - a great resource for teachers - it is actually a guide to a program at the Museum of Science in Boston, but has great potential for the classroom.
What is Proxima b?
- Alien World 'Proxima b' video: Watch a short video about Proxima b.
- The exoplanet next door video: Learn some interesting possibilities about Proxima b.
- Proxima B: 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Earth-Like Planet: Read a short article about Proxima b.
- What's It Like On Our Neighbor, Proxima b?: Another article about Proxima b.
Proxima b fun facts.
What scientist know about Proxima b:
Proxima b has a mass that is only slightly larger that Earth.
A year on Proxima b takes only 11.2 Earth days.
Proxima b is 4.25 light years from Earth.
Proxima b is bombarded by radiation from its star.
What scientist think is 'possible' about Proxima b:
Proxima b could be small and rocky.
Proxima b may have liquid water on its surface.
Proxima b could have an atmosphere.